Level Magic™ PLUG-INS
Compatible with all major Digital Audio Workstation platforms and formats, the J*AF LM is a software plug-in version of the Level Magic™ loudness management algorithm that offers both real time and offline (AudioSuite) measurement and correction, and is compliant with all worldwide loudness standards. Mono, stereo and 5.1 audio formats as well as Dolby Atmos and the AVID Pro Tools Dolby Atmos 7.1.2/7.0.2 Track and Bus are supported.
Aimed at the audio production and post-production community, the Jünger Audio by Flux:: J*AF LM brings all the features and performance of the Level Magic™ loudness management algorithm to users of all major Digital Audio Workstations. All current broadcast audio loudness standards are supported including ITU-R BS.1770 (1-4) and recommended practices ATSC A/85 (2011/2013), ARIB TR-B32, Free TV OP-59, Portaria 354 and EBU R128.
The J*AF LM Level Magic™ software plug-in runs within any of the currently available major Digital Audio Workstation platforms (AU, VST, AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite) under both WindowsTM and Mac OS X operating systems including 32 and 64 bit versions. The processing of the plug-in version of Level MagicTM is identical to the hardware platform based version but has its own unique user interface for setup and control, along with user presets pre-installed for a quick start.
Based on a unique multi-loop control principle, the Level Magic™ algorithm provides adaptive wideband loudness control with exceptionally high audio quality that is free of coloration, pumping, distortion or modulation effects.
Level Magic™ combines three major gain changing elements:
- Adaptive AGC
- Transient Processor
- Distortion-free true peak limiter
The AGC section controls slower changing levels over time whilst the fast acting transient processor catches inaudible high frequency overshoots that may otherwise cause detrimental effects in downstream processing, particularly if lossy encoding is to be used. The true peak limiter is a brickwall filter using a 2ms look ahead time to capture any intersample peaks.
The resultant gain changing signal is a combination of all three elements. The Level MagicTM algorithm is highly adaptive to the structure of the incoming audio and requires only a small number of parameters to be initially set by the user. The supplied factory presets represent typical usage situations ranging from dealing with completely none compliant content that requires aggressive treatment to known compliant material that just requires the safety of a true peak limiter.
Once loaded, the preset fills in all required parameters including the mandatory target levels built into the selected loudness standard. Values can be changed by clicking and dragging on virtual sliders and rotary controls and the updated settings can be saved as new user presets.
A combination of bar graph and numerical displays give a read out of input and output levels showing integrated, maximum short term and maximum momentary loudness, loudness range and maximum true peak, along with a representation of the leveler and limiter processing actions.
- Level Magic™ loudness management according to: ITU-R BS.1770 (all revisions), EBU R128, ATSC A/85, ARIB TR-B32, Free TV OP-59 and Portaria 354
- True peak limiting
- Up to 10 channels Input/Output (Supporting Dolby Atmos)
- Audio I/O supporting 1.0, 2.0 and 5.1 formats
- Pro Tools HD 7.1.2 & 7.0.2 Dolby Atmos Bus Support
- Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz sampling rates
- Compatible with all major Digital Audio Workstation platforms
- Real time and offline (AudioSuite) operation
Versions & Options
- J*AF LM Multichannel Plug-in: Level Magic™ loudness management plug-in by Flux::Up to 10ch. I/O supporting Dolby Atmos, Pro Tools HD 7.1.2 & 7.0.2 Dolby Atmos Bus Support; 5.1 surround, 5.1/2.0/1.0, AU / VST / AAX Native / AAX AudioSuite, 32/64bit, WindowsTM & Mac OS X (Intel)
- J*AF LM 2.0 Plug-in: Level Magic™ loudness management plug-in by Flux::, stereo/mono, 2.0/1.0, AU / VST / AAX Native / AAX AudioSuite, 32/64bit, WindowsTM & Mac OS X (Intel)